Sagging rear end

To: "Sprite List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sagging rear end
From: "Jeff Church" <jchurch7@home.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 19:10:29 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hey list. I've been lurking for a while, but spring is 'round the corner and
need to check out a few things.  I've noticed that the left rear side of the
Bugeye sags after a drive.  I can put my hand in the wheel well and pull
upward and the car rises and stays at that position.  She does ride a bit
rough in the rear and squeaks an awful lot back there too.  I have never
replaced the rear shocks or messed with the springs (don't know how).  All I
have done back there is replaced the rubber rebound straps and bumpers.
What does this sound like to ya'll .. shocks? springs? both?  How difficult
is it to replace the shocks? Thanks for you input.

Jeff Church
'59 Sprite