RE: what size? 1st day of work on sprite...

To: type79@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: what size? 1st day of work on sprite...
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 11:59:06 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I agree with Jay. Keep the cartridge filter. Many European cars are "going
back" to them I suppose for "green" reasons. Easy to change, I found, using
a ratchetting box-end wrench from above the engine. Be sure to get the old
o-ring out, and the rest is easy. Oh and, (this should start something.. a
thread IHTW ;-)  use PAPER elements, not the felt. IMHO    Peter C
--------------
At 08:56 AM 3/2/99 , type79@ix.netcom.com wrote:
>Yo,
>I am always perplexed by this oil filter discussion when it arises. I am
>not trying to brag or anything, but I have never had a problem removing,
>replacing, seating the original style filter.
>
>If the old O-Ring is left in place, you will have a problem. If you
>can't get it out, try an awl of some other pointed device.
>
>To seat the new ring, I put a couple of dabs of white grease on it to
>"hold" it in place and carefully seat it with a flat blade screw driver.
>I have never had one leak or fail to seat.
>
>Is it just me?????
>
>Also in my experience, these are easier to remove than trying to get a
>modern tool into the same area to remove a spin on filter.
>
>Jay Fishbein, CT

Peter Caldwell
1 very rough Innocenti
(the Sprite with an accent)