LBC hot-rodders

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: LBC hot-rodders
From: Justin Cook <justincook@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 13:28:29 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
A question for the LBC hot-rodders... I know you're out there.

I have a 1275 from 72-74 I believe (it has a 12V serial number).  The
pistons have three compression rings and an oil ring.  I believe these
are the original pistons ?!?  If that is true, then they have a 8.3 CR
whereas modern replacements have an 8.8 CR.  How much power is gained
from the increase in compression?

Also is there a significant increase in displacement (power) from a
.060 over-bore  vs a .020 bore?  Or are those .060 over pistons for
REALLY worn out motors.

(Sorry, I don't have Vizard's book, amazon was out of them.)

Thanks for all responses