Re: Midget Transport

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Midget Transport
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 00:53:13 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Philip Hubbard wrote:

> I've just bought a new project car (as announced to the list earlier) and I
> need to pick it up next weekend.  I searched the archives on U-hauls and
> found that most people seem to say that a Midget will just fit, but that
> some u-haul agents won't rent the auto transport if you tell them it's a
> Spridget - they think it won't fit.
>
> The archives seem to indicate that the tires do rest on the lip of the
> trailer runners.  Without repeating all that has gone before (I don't mind,
> but don't want to clutter the list), has anyone used another rental company
> where the trailer fits more prefectly?  If not, I'll be giving U-haul a
> call to rent the trailer for the Ford Escort (minus engine and tranny) I am
> also bringing back from St. Louis.  :)
>
> Philip
> 1974 Damask Midget - Arioch, Lord of Chaos
Just rent a cube van and ask for a second loading ramp, tell them its
for a piano or something equally creative. Take blocks of wood to nail
down in front of and behind tires to keep car from moving. Just don't
pound nails all the way in, makes them hellish to get back out without
messing floor up.(TRUST ME) Good luck.

Mark Snowdon
Greensboro NC