RE: Shocks

To: "'Peter C.'" <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Subject: RE: Shocks
From: "Hanna, Mark" <mhanna@ball.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 12:27:32 -0700
Cc: "'Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net'" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Peter ,
My lever shocks do not leak and seem to have normal resistance in both
directions .
However they are original to the car (~40 years old) Would not the movement
of the
pistons in their respective boars cause wear and consequently contamination
of the
fluid after all of this time ? I figured that I had to change the fluid for
this reason alone .
Thank you for educating the list on the finer points of Armstrong lever
shocks .
Mark Hanna
AN5L/13731