Re: propshaft questions

To: emakris@hol.gr, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: propshaft questions
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 16:37:27 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 17/3/1999  6:54:39PM,  emakris@hol.gr writes:

<< Thing is, when I push the car forwards or backwards by hand,
 there is a grating sound, much like a general vibration,
 emanating from the underside. >>

None of this really sounds like the prop.  I am not sure I worry to much about
putting the prop back the same way - I suppose it just ensures a neat fit.
Props don't normally bend.   The prop is lubricated at front spline end and
the gearbox takes care of this.  Some props have grease nipples.

Have you looked to see if the grating isn't something simple like rust on the
brake drums/discs?

Daniel1312