Re: 1275 Distributor cap

To: Metallian6@aol.com
Subject: Re: 1275 Distributor cap
From: Paul A Asgeirsson <pasgeirsson@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 17:26:13 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On Thu, 18 Mar 1999 15:30:03 EST Metallian6@aol.com writes:
>In a message dated 3/18/99 10:36:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>edwin@fatherbrowne.com writes:
>
><< Is there an alternative distributor cap I
> can use on a 1275 bugeye. The one I use is the type
> where the spark plug leads are screwed in from the
> inside of the cap. I would prefer to use push on leads
> so as I can use a set of better spark plug leads.
>
> If not what is the best plug lead cable to use for
> best preformance.
>

> Edwin Davison
> Dublin, Ireland.
> '59 Bugeye
> '64 BJ8

For the 948--1098--1275 stock distributors supplied with the cars, these
two caps are completly interchangeable:

                Unipart #               Lucas #

Side Entry              GDC102          DDB101

Top Entry               GDC103          DDB106

Lots of repro parts for these applications.  Try to stick with these
brands, it's worth the difference of a buck or so in price.

The 1500 caps DO NOT fit!

Paul
PAsgeirsson@juno.com