Mig Welder Recommendation

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mig Welder Recommendation
From: "Larry Bull" <lbull@dreamscape.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 12:52:14 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Being new to the spridget list having just this week become the proud owner
of a 1960 bugeye along with my other distractions listed below I need some
advice on purchasing a MIG welder. I am sure this has hit the list before
but it will all be new to me.  Can anyone help a confused guy as to what he
needs for general panel and frame welding.

I have looked at Lincoln, Century and Tip Tools.  Of these the Lincoln seams
to be the most expensive has the name brand and reputation and I am sure
will do the job but I can buy the Century locally for a lot less, does
anyone have experience with Century MIG welders?  Tip Tools has what may be
the cheapest MIG welder out there complete with cart, $389 for a MIG-110 and
$449 for a MIG-130 has anyone used either one of these and are they worth
considering.  I have bought Tip stuff in the past and be very satisfied.
One final question for those who have used one are the Auto-Darkening
helmets worth the expense.

Keep the Rubber Side Down!
Larry Bull - lbull@dreamscape.com
62 AH BT7 Tri Carb