Re: Mig Welder Recommendation

To: "Larry Bull" <lbull@dreamscape.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mig Welder Recommendation
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 12:32:47 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hey Larry... I have tried them all and have a little experience... I will
tell you that you get exactly what you pay for here... the century stuff is
simply cheaper.... and price too...

My recommendation would be the Lincoln 125sp...not the weld pac.... I have
an sp 100 as well as a 255 and they are both excellent and well serviced
machines... wouldn't play with the junk if your inexperienced at least you
know your problems aren't with the Welder.... then all you can blame for
poor welding is the Guy behind the gun....

The 125 can and does weld 1/4inch plate... doesn't like it but it can.. and
will work super...on light sheet metal.... The 255 is just to big for most
car stuff and I lived without it for years..

As far as the auto darking helmet go with a 10 shade unit rather then
something darker... and HELL yes they work like stink for the novice it
gives you the ability to know where your starting.... Don't buy the
expensive on..... you really don't have a need for the variability...

That would represent my experience in a nut shell....

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100, Bugeye, Box sprites, Bonneville Camero ( Land Speed
Racer)