Axel problem likely found

To: "Sprite List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Axel problem likely found
From: "Patton Dickson" <kpdii@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 14:56:52 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hey guys,

I was poking around a minute ago for the offending problem, and the top leaf
of my springs is broken in half at the center, and has pulled out from under
the retainer at the axle.  The way I figure it, that would elongate the
springs by an inch and an half, and cause the problem with the crooked axle.
At least I found it this way instead of driving the car, then it could have
really let go!!!

What should I do, buy the used ones with that differential, or by two new
ones (aren't the new ones supposed to be inferior)?

Thanks

Patton

---
Patton Dickson - Madison, MS - http://members.xoom.com/spridget/