Re: observations of LBC ownership

To: "Sprite Maling List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: observations of LBC ownership
From: "Toby Atwater" <tob@taltec.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 11:31:00 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
 teenagers very
>frequently politely ask from the street if they can see them and the
>answer is always "of course."  They are fascinated by them and ask all
>sorts of questions and poke their heads in and under all around them.  If
>I can kindle any interest in LBC's to them I really try.

That was me about 2, 3 years ago. Every LBC I would come up to it and take a
CLOSE
look at it... the owner would wonder by, and we would talk about it.... I guess
that's what got me started....
All my friends really love my car... but they would never own such a
beast.....And
there are less and less kids that are involved in mechanical work as well. Today
its considered cheap if you do it yourself... I can't stand that. I wanted to
change the oil on a friends car (she was bragging about how far he could go
without
an oil change!) she wouldn't let me do it... I couldn't understand it....She
thinks
there is something magical about her car that only mechanics can open the
hood... I
mean I would never do this full time as a mechanic but it sure is fun on your
own
cars.... It just seems like there were more teens involved in the inner
workings of
their cars in the past. It's too bad....

Toby