Spridgets Screen Saver update

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spridgets Screen Saver update
From: Amy Turner <ltturner@usit.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 13:01:10 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Wow!  What a response!

I received many scanned files, references to web pages, and promises of
pictures in the next week.  In fact, I have a problem now.  With just the
pictures I've received, I have a screen saver installation file of 2.2MB.
Quite a long download!  It's already compressed, so it can't be zipped to
make a quicker download.

I want to make sure everyone is represented, and I'll be waiting for those
promised files to add, so don't think I'm cutting off the submissions at this
point.

If you sent multiple pictures, please let me know your favorite or if there
are any I can remove from the screen saver.  I've put together a page with
thumbnail pictures (for quicker downloading) at:

http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/1987/pictures.html

I know, I know.  Geocities is the enemy.  I promise, swear, cross my heart
and hope to die, though, that there will be NO pop-up windows when you
navigate to this page.  Geocities learned that people were avoiding their
pages because of those #!&* pop-up windows, and they added a utility that
would prevent them from happening.  My page takes advantage of that utility.

Anyway, the pictures that are in the screen saver are now displayed on that
web page.  Check it out and give me opinions.

The most popular driving song turned out to be "Born to be Wild," so I've
added that, plus a few little extras.  If your favorite song isn't
represented, it's probably because I couldn't find a MIDI file of it.

Thanks for all the submissions, folks!  Hope you all like the finished
product.

Amy