The '73 is Home!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: The '73 is Home!
From: Philip Hubbard <hubbard@idir.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 12:35:49 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
The list has always been fantastic about giving me advice on car purchases,
transport, repair....  I figure the least I can do apart from saying a
heartfelt "thank you" is to keep everyone updated.  So....

The newly purchased '73 Midget is home!  Went out Friday night from KC to
St. Louis, MO.  Spent the night in the Holiday Inn.  Picked up the U-Haul
car transport and picked up the car to head back home.

Observations:

Had no problem loading the car with 4 folks pushing (no engine in car yet).
 The car fit fine on the transport.  I brought some washers along to space
out the track on the wheels, but it turned out unnecessary.

55mph may be slow in comparison to speeding down I-70 at 70mph, but it
feels plenty fast when towing a Spridget with a Ford Ranger pick-up!  :)

The back of the truck is loaded with extras that came with the car: a spare
engine that burns oil horribly and transmission, an extra hood, two doors,
and an extra windshield.  Plus some extra goodies.

The car is definitely going to need some fairly significant body work.  It
is all straight, no kinks in rails etc., but the typical spots need
attention.  For instance, lower rear fenders are bondo, sills starting to
rust, etc.  I say this by way of warning.  I'll be asking body work
questions soon.  :)  But first I've got some real prep work to do just to
see just how bad things are.

Will keep the list posted as things get done on the car.

Philip
'74 Damask Midget - Arioch, Lord of Chaos and twin Damask '73 Midget Project