RE: laugh if you want ...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: laugh if you want ...
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 03:56:57 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
<< Bob said: " Second is that  even "sealed" batteries vent some gas which is
also acid. ">>

<< Larry said: It has been my experience that the Optima does not vent any
gas >>

Larry,

Am not familiar with the Optima.  I was referring to the "sealed or no
service" batteries that still have covers over the cells.  I think these
covers are intended to condense the vapors back to fluid which then drops
back into the battery.  While they work very well there are still some vapors
that escape which are a problem.  At least according to our auto electric
service person you should pull the covers on these batteries about once a
year to make sure the fluid levels are alright.  In theory you are not
suppose to have to do any service on these types of batteries.  I just
recently pulled the covers on our one year old "no service" house batteries
on the RV and could see the tops of the battery plates.  So much for no
service / sealed batteries.

Bob