Re: Help!!--I need a quick response!!

To: Lancer7676@aol.com
Subject: Re: Help!!--I need a quick response!!
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 16:20:27 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Lancer7676@aol.com wrote:

> Hey guys!  It's 12:42 Eastern time--I am right in the middle of working on my
> '79 Midget.  I am attempting to re-install the pertronix electronic
> ignition--the little black box that fits inside the distributor.  There are
> two leads--a red one and a black one.  I guessed that the red one goes to the
> hot or red side of the coil.  Where does the black one go?  I put it on the
> ground side of the coil but it didnt kick.  Is that the correct location or
> does the black wire go elsewhere?
>
> If anyone is on right now and can answer that question, I would appreciate it
> muchly so I can go on with the job.  THANKS!!!!
>
> ---David

David

I just put on on a 1500 Midget last weekend. Red to + side of coil,
black to - side of coil. It worked fine for us. Now if it will only
last?
I went back to points, my ignitor gave me troubles and finally died. It
lasted abaout 1 year and I only put about 2500 miles on the car.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ