Re: The Screen Saver

To: Dave Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The Screen Saver
From: Amy Turner <ltturner@usit.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 22:16:14 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Dave Woerpel wrote:

> Can someone enlighten me on the
> gentleman with the highly customized Spridget; name and where from.

That picture was taken by Bob Kitterer at the Townsend, TN, British Car Show
last
spring.  (BTW, this year's show is coming up soon -- May 1.) I'm afraid I don't
know
the man's name.  I think he and the car are from North Carolina.  What you
can't see
in the picture is that on the right side of the car, the word MIDGET is spelled
backwards.

When the awards were handed out he took home the Grody Award, intended as a
Jewel in
the Rough sort of thing.  I felt badly about that.  The guy loves his car and he
didn't care what others thought about his modifications.  A lot like many of
us!  (We
just don't take it quite to that extreme!)

Amy

P.S.  We gotta talk about that leaf green interior of yours!