Re: windshield and rubber - huh?

To: "Haynes, Mark" <mhaynes@ball.com>
Subject: Re: windshield and rubber - huh?
From: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 09:29:05 -0700
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Mark,
     I only mentioned Snap-on because they were the only ones that had all 5
sizes needed for the Posidriv replacement screws that Victoria British supplies
to replace the Phillips that were originally on the Bugeye.  The windshield
pillar screws in Phillips and Posidriv are driver size #4, for example.  If you
tried to install them with a #2 Phillips screwdriver (the size the majority of
people have in their tool box) you would deform the cross hole in the screw and
you could not put the pressure necessary.  Victoria British (and maybe Moss for
that matter) supply Posidriv screws for the windshield pillars.  With what I
know of fasteners, this is a better screw for this application anyway, unless
you are going concourse.  And you are correct, the right driver for the right
fastener.
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite