Dashpot oil, generator, clutch

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Dashpot oil, generator, clutch
From: AHSprite78@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 18:51:23 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ok, remember a long time ago when there was a thread about what oil to use in
the SU carbs.  I think the consinces was to use Marvel Mystery Oil, or at
least some people liked it.  Do you put just that in the carbs? it seems
kinda thin.  Also, how should I get all of the old oil out of the dashpots?
Does it really work in the engine oil (as it claims)?

On to the next question.  The generator was not charging the battery so, I
replaced it with rebuilt unit from Victoria british.  I put it in and the
little red light on the speedo still stays lit even when the engine is revved
up.  Is the light wired wrong?  Is there something I goofed up (most likely)?

Last question (sigh)  The clutch does not seem to be completely disengaging.
I rebuilt the clutch master cylinder and the slave cylinder on the tranny.
I've bled the clutch.  It shifts fine, but releases at the floor.  When I
brake to a stop though it tried to stall.  Is there any way to get a little
more out of it or something?

Thanks
Matthew Smith
'67 Sprite