RE: Fel-Pro Head Gasket

To: "'Frank Clarici'" <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: RE: Fel-Pro Head Gasket
From: "Haynes, Mark" <mhaynes@ball.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 07:12:26 -0600
Cc: "'Spridgets@autox.team.net'" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

        [Haynes, Mark]  -No frank, the 12g940 head normally doesn't fit on
the 948. It needs cutouts in the block to accommodate the increased valve
size- not for  clearance, but for breathing. Otherwise, the cylinder wall
shrouds the valve and you wind up with less effective valve size,and are
shooting yourself in the foot. Check Vizard, it's mentioned in the cylinder
head section, and there is a picture in the back of an 850 running a 12g940
head with valve cutouts. Just have to make sure the top compression ring
stops shy of overrunning the cutouts.
        Thanks for the info, Frank
        Mark Haynes
        '62 HAN6 RMVR