Head work

To: bugeye@twcny.rr.com, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Head work
From: Travis G Elliott <TGElliott@infoave.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 22:42:27 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bill,

I haven't had the work done yet, David said that at the moment they were
stockpiled with work until around June.

The work consisted of regrinding the exhaust and intake valves, putting in
larger stainless steel valves, putting in magnesium valve guides, and
lastly putting new better valve springs.  The quoted price was $995.  While
this seemed a little high, he is used to doing these engines.
I checked with local shops about the regrinds and even had the specs with
diagrams of what I wanted, but nobody would touch it.

Don't let the price scare you off, the A series engines may be less as they
do many more of them.

Go to their website at www.APT.com and it has a lot of prices listed.  I
also found that David was a very patient and quite knowledgeable and would
answer any questions posed of him.

I have not, as of yet, done business with them, so I do not have any first
hand knowledge of their business.
but I am saving my money for June, so hopefully he will be able to work on
my head.( no Jokes!!!)

Travis

79 mg Midget 1500