Re: Tailight assy interchangeability

To: Michael Dietsche <mdietsche@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Tailight assy interchangeability
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 17:38:58 -0400
Cc: MG List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Michael Dietsche wrote:

> Does someone know if the late Midget tailight assy and the earlier one
> (the kind with two lenses) are physically interchangeable? I need a new
> tailight on my 78 Midget, and I can pick up a pair of the older style
> real cheap, but they're out of state and I don't want to ship them back
> to the guy if they won't fit.  Anyway, I'm thinking of putting the pair
> of old assemblies on if they will physically fit, any rewiring will not
> be a problem for me. Will they fit (did the fender opening change with
> the style change)? Also, while I'm on the subject: the late Midget
> tailights sure look like the MGB units....are they the same lights
> (just curious)?

Michael

Early 2 piece tail lamps (assemblys) will fit later Midgets.
I converted my 73 Midget to the early style, I think you have to
elongate the mounting holes just a bit to fit the older style. Even with
elongated mounting holes you can always revert back to stock.

Yes Midget and MGB have the same tail lamps.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ