Engine Spec advise wanted

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine Spec advise wanted
From: Valentine <valntine@mail.ptd.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 19:43:48 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I am going to rebuild a 1275.  I have a block from a 74 and plan to
rebuild with stock pistons and bearings.

I am looking for a little increased horsepower for street use only.  It
is my current understanding that the better the engine can breath the
more power I can extract from it.

I plan on improving the cam with a mild street cam and doing some intake
mods (ala Visard and Stapelton).  I also would like to install headers
and a less restrictive exhaust than stock.

I want to keep the SUs, for now but may go to a weber later on.

So, I need some opinions, (lots of them).

Some questions to get you started;

Will the mods I have stated above be useful without over-boreing the
engine?

What is the best choice of Cams?  Headers? exhaust?

What other work is warrented?

Keep in mind I am striving for a good street runner not a racer.

Thanks,

Kevin
63, 71 and 74 Midgets