Re: Head work

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>, Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: Head work
From: Travis G Elliott <TGElliott@infoave.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 19:59:39 -0400
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>> Daniel1312
>
>Daniel,
>I agree, that's why I asked wether the $1000 included porting or just
>bigger valves.

OK,  This head job has gotten a life of it's own.
I didn't express myself so clearly the first time around.

The Apt price includes porting and polishing, new magnesium valve guides,
new larger stainless valves, and new springs.  It may include more, but I
didn't get a piece by piece description for 2 reasons:

1.  It would be June at the earliest that he could even think about
starting it.

2.  I was on his time and money, and figured I would get all the details
when I have the money to have this done.

I have tried a few shops around my neck of the woods, and if it doesn't say
FORD or CHEVY on the block they are leary of trying.  If the person who is
going to do the work isn't sure of themselves, I don't think I want them to
be working on my baby.

Will I get the work done?

I'm not real sure at this time.  I have found a local shop to balance the
engine.  Time and extra (If there is such a thing) money will tell.

BTW,  I have already done all of the easy mods, Weber DGV carb, Pacesetter
Headers and Freeflow exhaut, and Allison ignition, hotter coil and splitfires.

This was my first car and I have owned it since new in 1979.  Back then I
was lucky to have gas money, let alone enough to hop up my car.  Now I have
a little more money and am going to do all the things I couldn't do then...

All of the replys are welcome and I value everyone of them.  It is through
the diversity of the replys that I am finding out many things

Thanks for listening,

PS in the future, I will try to be less long winded.

Travis