Re: 1500 was Re: APT Heads

To: Daniel1312@aol.com, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1500 was Re: APT Heads
From: Mymgmidget@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 20:38:27 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 4/16/99 4:09:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Daniel1312@aol.com writes:

<< Finally, like you, because I am interested in the 1500 engine I would like
 hear of anyone's experience tuning this engine.

 Daniel1312

Daniel,Travis

I've been sitting back wondering why no-one has trashed this talk about the
1500.  With proper care, the 1500 will perform just as good/better than the
1275.   I thought I was the only person who  actually spent money on the
motor.  Dont remember who said it but with a Dremmel and some time you could
port and polish.  An air grinder works just as well.  When I did mine all it
took was time !!!  I have ported/polished the head with new everything;
Piper cam,  Flat top pistons, bored .40 over, Headers, free flow exhaust,and
a downdraft Weber.  Great performance.  If I only had the overdrive to take
advantage....  I do regret one thing though.  I should have bought a
sidedraft !!!

Mike