Re: Installing the pistons

To: Toby Atwater <tob@taltec.net>
Subject: Re: Installing the pistons
From: Rick/Carolyn <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 21:09:11 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Toby,

I can honestly say you are correct in your assesment about Jags V12.
It's quite a Engine and one big head ache.  To change a valve cover
gasket took two full days and many busted knuckles.  The oil pan will
kill off a case of oil when changing it.  You have never seen electrical
problems until you have a series 2 Jag.  But man, when she is going down
the road,  move over Corvettes I'm coming through.  She flies,  Top end
of 140 MPH stock engine, 8000 RPM's, smooth as glass, in a V type engine
too.

Is it worth it, I have mixed feelings about her. After all how many
family cars do you know can pass a Vette.

Rick

--
52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby