Clunk and Bushes

To: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clunk and Bushes
From: "Elliott, Patrick" <PElliott@attws-wr.swest.attws.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 01:54:08 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In my '62 MKII I've discovered a clunking noise while driving. It appears
that the driver side radius arm bushes are shot.
 So I'm going to have to replace them soon. I looked at the Mini Mainia web
page tonight and see two choices : "stock" rubber bushes for $19.95 each, or
a poly bush kit for $65.00.( 8 ) I would think that the poly kit would be
more?  And why eight? I counted four. One on each end of each radius arm.
What am I missing?
 Once decided on which bushes to buy, Does anyone have any helpful tips on
replacing them?   Besides  Duct Tape??

 Also, noticed that the clutch doesn't disengage until the pedal is to the
floor. I've bleed the slave, no air there. Is there different length push
rods? I have a '62 slave cylinder on a '70's ribcase. I presume that the
throw out arm is from the 70's. The clutch kit was for a '67
but I used the throwout bearing from the '70's ribcase. Seemed a better idea
then the carbon graphite disk.

 Thanks for any ideas.

Patrick Elliott
(916) 857 6420 *