Re:temp and oil press. normal?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:temp and oil press. normal?
From: "andy webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:11:12 PDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I agreee with Herb,
190 deg. is fine and the drop in oil pressure suggests bearings to
me..I have a similar scenario...starts at 60-70psi (~40-50 @ idle)
then drops to 25-40 at temp (10-15psi @ idle). I'm running Penrite
HPR50 oil which is a thick 40w-70 oil. I'm pretty sure my bearings
are tired since the rockers are fine.
Andy