Re: more breaking axles

To: Justin Cook <justincook@yahoo.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: more breaking axles
From: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 13:14:31 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
At 9:12 AM -0700 4/23/99, Justin Cook wrote:
>Is it a fair assumption that axle breakage is mainly a problem on cars
>with oversized tires and hot motors?

Nope!

They break regardless of engine tune or tires. They tend to break most when
starting out slow from a stop while taking a turn. It's a weird sensation
when they break, you really think you've blown the tranny at first until
you see that driveshaft spinning.

I was told that having a pretty worn differential contributed to my axle
breaking. I have a standard engine and standard tires. It happens to the
best of us :-)

Robert
http://www.woozy.com/midget