Re: more breaking axles

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: more breaking axles
From: "Geoffrey P. Muttart" <gmuttart@mtdc.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 17:17:15 -0300
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Snip
> They break regardless of engine tune or tires. They tend to break most
when
> starting out slow from a stop while taking a turn. It's a weird sensation
> when they break, you really think you've blown the tranny at first until
> you see that driveshaft spinning.
> Robert
> http://www.woozy.com/midget

My experience is the same as Robert's (including the fright!). It happened
to me once when I was pulling away from a stop sign, up a slight grade &
turning at the same time. Luckily I had a friend with a spare shaft - the
prices for a new one from the usual suspects were pretty frightening!

Geoff Muttart
Bugeye Sprite
Nova Scotia, Canada