In search of a car..

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: In search of a car..
From: Gary Speckman <speckman@coredcs.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 13:05:02 -0500
Cc: the10k@rocketmail.com
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
My 17 yr old son and I have been in search of a Spridget for him for several
months.  He is looking for a "driver" that is decent body wise, mechanically
ok(I have tons of spare parts)and older than 1975. (the older the better)

Also, ideally, within 200 miles of Central Wisconsin.

We looked at one last night.  Unfortunately, although described as "very
nice" after what the owner said was a $6000 restoration job, we came home
empty handed.  The car was great mechanically, new engine, tranny, brakes,
etc etc..  but the body was a joke.  This was a badly rusted car that had
been bondo'd over and it was literally falling off in chunks.  Very
disappointing.  The asking price, btw, was $1500.  About what he can afford.

He was quite understandably disappointed when I told him the car was worth
$800 tops and was realistically a parts car..   This is not the first car we
have looked at, or inquired about and he is determined to have a LBC.

It got so bad that on the way home, he asked me if I would convert the Team
Thicko #55 Bugeye into a street car for him.  (sorry kid, I dont think so!)

Anyway, I told him I would put out a request to the list to see if there are
any cars that would meet his budget and within a reasonable driving
distance. I would feel confident that any replies coming from this list
would be honest, with a fair description of the car.

Thank you for your time.

Gary Speckman
Team Thicko-MOD
Plover WI
PS.. Hey Frank, wanna sell me back "The Beast"?