Re: getting a spridget from Joplin MO to Durham, NC

To: robert@woozy.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: getting a spridget from Joplin MO to Durham, NC
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 11:16:59 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 4/25/99 4:38:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time, robert@woozy.com
writes:

<< I need to get a Midget from Joplin MO to Durham, NC. I called all of the
 recommended haulers and they want $850 to move it. I can't afford to spend
 $850 to move a $200 car. If anyone happens to be coming this way soon with
 an empty trailer I'd be interested in talking with you and maybe working
 something out. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You are looking at about 1000 miles.  Rent or borrow a truck with a tow
hitch, get (rent) a tow dolly, take a long weekend, and go for a drive.  If
you rent a truck, try to get one without a mileage charge.  The tow dolly is
about $35/day, but you might get a deal for a weekend.  The local U-Haul
place has 135 tow dollies for rent, and he never rents more than a few at a
time.

At rest stops, you can sit in the Midget and eat lunch.  It'll seem like you
are on a nice LBC tour!

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport