Tranny Rebuild

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tranny Rebuild
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 08:05:15 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I bought a tranny for my 1500 Midget a while back. The Synchros are going
in the one in the car, so it needs a rebuild. Now I have to use the car
on a daily basis, so I figured I'd buy a tranny, rebuild it and swap over
a weekend. Well I am ready to start rebuilding the extra tranny as the
weather is getting better and the only place I can work is on the deck
(no garage - some people just ain't got no luck).

The question for the lists is: Other than the synchros and bearings, what
parts should I get prior to the teardown?
I know that no matter what I get I will have to supplement the order 'cuz
I will find something that I missed. Just natural with these cars - right?

I have rebuilt a 1500 Midget tranny before so I know about the needle
bearings and what a pain they are.

Thanks

Larry

Larry Macy