Re: Speaking of conversions...

To: Angela Hervey-Tennyson & Peter Westcott <toobmany@bigpond.com>
Subject: Re: Speaking of conversions...
From: Bruce Lowry <hotwheels@longviewtx.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 09:37:13 -0500
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

I recently discovered an interesting part that has got my head spinning. I have
a 67 Sprite that was a recent donor of rear end parts that will be my car to
modify. A fellos down the road has an old Porsche 924 (I think!?) that has a 5
speed transaxle! Thats right, front engine rear transaxle. The electricals on
the engine have been eaten by rodents and the price might be right.I had never
thought of a Porsche conversion and am wondering if anyone else has every had
thoughts quite this odd. I have no immediate plans for pursueing this but I am
considering it. Any thoughts?
Bruce Lowry
(I also considered putting a Yamaha 1100 shaft drive in here too...If you think
this is odd
you should be on this side of my brain)