Re: auto painting, compressors,

To: Toby Atwater <tob@taltec.net>
Subject: Re: auto painting, compressors,
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 18:52:41 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Toby Atwater wrote:

> Has anybody done a in house spray job? I would like to get thier comments
> and suggestions and what can go wrong, go wrong, go wrong....

 Toby

My brother has painted most of my LBCs in my garage, a real dust bowl
because I also have one of those Eastwood sand blast cabinets that send
dust everywhere.
When it comes time to paint a car I hose down everything in the garage,
ceiling, walls, shelves, floors, you name it. earlier in the day.(remove
anything that doesn't like water first)
Then I put up plastic sheathing over the doors, shelves, and windows and
make a paint booth. I put a cheap window fan in the window to exhaust
the fumes and over spray. I raise the overhead door and rest it on a 1
gallon paint can for fresh air.
Just prior to actual spraying I hose down the driveway and garage floor
again so paint does not stick to it.
Paint the car a few coats, shut the door on the way out and leave it
till the next morning. Bugs love the smell of fresh paint, moths will
make a real mess when the land on the bonnet. spray the car, lights off,
doors closed and don't even think about it till the morning.

I can not help with the actual spraying since my brother will not teach
me.
He says it's an art, he is artistic, I am not so I take his word.
I tried spraying primer a few times, good thing it sands easily!!

Good luck
Frank

--
Frank Clarici