Re: No respect for rubber

To: Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: No respect for rubber
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 15:30:04 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk writes:

<< It was the dancer, Isadora Duncan;
 Strangled by her own scarf when it got tangled in the knock-off hub of the
 wire wheels.
 Not sure it wasn't an MG, but may have been something a bit more up market,
 like an 8 litre blower Bentley perhaps ?
 Guy >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nope.  A Bugatti.  I found this on the web somewhere:

Accidental Strangulation Caused by a Vehicle: The Death of Isadora Duncan.
Isadora Duncan, one of the worldīs most famous dancers, died on 14. September
1927 by accidental strangulation caused by a vehicle. Sitting on the front
passengerīs seat, Duncanīs scarf came into the the spokes of the rear wheel
of a Bugatti. The driver, Duncanīs friend Ivan Falchetto could not see Duncan
while looking forward but immediatly stopped immediately after 20 m. Duncan
died at the scene. In the hospital, fractures of the nose, the spinal column
and the larynx were oberved; furthermore, cartids were torn. To our
knowledge, this is the first report of the accident in forensic literature.

Only a little morbid.  Sorry.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport