Need TVR info

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Need TVR info
From: Jason Urban <jurban@p3.net>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 16:03:25 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi all!!

Well, the Sprite should be back on the road in about 2 weeks.  Tranny and
engine are almost done, new Sprite sneakers next week, and a few body
cleanups is all that's left.

But in the meantime, I've found something else.....
Is anyone familiar with TVR??  I found a '73 or '74 TVR at a local shop.
It's either a Vixen IV or 2500M, but looks like a Taimar coupe.  The
original TR6 engine has been replaced by a GM even fire 2.8 V6 with headers
and so on.  Body and everything seems to be in good shape.  Needs a little
TLC, but is not a project car(nor do I need another one).  They are asking
$9500 for it.

1)  This price seems high especially since the engine has been changed.
Does this seem to be about the right price??
2)  Can this be used as a good weather car??  I'd be replacing the Z/28
with the TVR and I have a Jeep for bad weather(or Holly's Disco!).
Probably would drive the TVR 2 or 3 times a week to work.
3)  What would insurance be like if it's registered normally in PA??

I'm hoping someone can offer suggestions.  Can't find a whole lot of info
and can't get on the TVR list for some reason.  The serial number is at
home and that might be of some use in determining the model.

TIA!!
Jason.

|  Jason Urban - APOGEE LABS  215-699-2060    |
|     CA Studio   web.p3.net/~jurban          |
|  '95 Z/28 6spd    '65 Austin-Healey Sprite  |
|  '96 Land Rover Discovery                   |