Re: Need TVR info

To: Jason Urban <jurban@p3.net>
Subject: Re: Need TVR info
From: Martyn Ridley <ridleymj@bis.on.ca>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 22:40:26 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
At 16:03 05-05-99 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi all!!
>
>Well, the Sprite should be back on the road in about 2 weeks.  Tranny and
>engine are almost done, new Sprite sneakers next week, and a few body
>cleanups is all that's left.
>
>But in the meantime, I've found something else.....
>Is anyone familiar with TVR??  I found a '73 or '74 TVR at a local shop.
>It's either a Vixen IV or 2500M, but looks like a Taimar coupe.  The
>original TR6 engine has been replaced by a GM even fire 2.8 V6 with headers
>and so on.  Body and everything seems to be in good shape.  Needs a little
>TLC, but is not a project car(nor do I need another one).  They are asking
>$9500 for it.
Price is high, by my estimate more that $3000.  Most cars for NA were TR6
engined though in UK I believe you could also get the Essex or Cologne V6
(Ford).  Quality is that of a speciality car maker and everything you hear
is probably true.  There is a good book on TVRs from the group that surveys
marques and also a great book on TVR history - sadly it is out of print and
my copy is not for sale.

Bon Chance
Martyn>

>1)  This price seems high especially since the engine has been changed.
>Does this seem to be about the right price??
>2)  Can this be used as a good weather car??  I'd be replacing the Z/28
>with the TVR and I have a Jeep for bad weather(or Holly's Disco!).
>Probably would drive the TVR 2 or 3 times a week to work.
>3)  What would insurance be like if it's registered normally in PA??
>
>I'm hoping someone can offer suggestions.  Can't find a whole lot of info
>and can't get on the TVR list for some reason.  The serial number is at
>home and that might be of some use in determining the model.
>
>TIA!!
>Jason.
>

>|  Jason Urban - APOGEE LABS  215-699-2060    |
>|     CA Studio   web.p3.net/~jurban          |
>|  '95 Z/28 6spd    '65 Austin-Healey Sprite  |
>|  '96 Land Rover Discovery                   |

The Journey, not the destination, becomes a source of wonder.
         (Loreena McKennitt - liner notes - 'The Book of Secrets')