RE: Heater Control Valves Continued

To: "'spridgets@Autox.Team.Net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Heater Control Valves Continued
From: Jackson Zimmermann <JZIMMERM@exch.co.albemarle.va.us>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 11:22:08 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
While the heater was optional, the typical installation that I have seen
still has a hose/copper tube combination returning hot water above the
intake manifold to the radiator inlet hose.  It seems logical that taking
very hot coolant from the rear of the head (it had to make its way from the
front of the engine to this location and by this time is very hot) and
passing it to the radiator inlet would be a better cooling solution than
somehow letting it make its way back to the front of the engine via other
cooling passages or through heat transfer.

I have to admit that this whole thread is somewhat losing the point of my
question.  I just wanted to know if anyone has, or knows of, a cable
actuated _bypass_ heater control valve that can be easily installed on a
Spridget or Mini and looks decent in the cockpit.  I would bet that many of
you on a cold night's drive may have wanted to turn on some heat, but had to
grin and bear it because of the lack of controls.  Others may have wanted to
blow some cold air on the feet when a warm spell hits.  I was just trying to
find someone who bothered to do something about it...

Jackson Zimmermann
jzimmerm@albemarle.org
'64 A-H Sprite