Re: shock conversions

To: Sean Day <sday@auracom.com>
Subject: Re: shock conversions
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 21:42:11 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Sean,
the first thing to do is to bring your stock suspension up to tip top
shape.  Especially the front suspension wears a lot and mght be more work
to fix than you think. Stiffer lever shocks are available too.
Tube shocks are a little overrated.  I have them on my car.

See my web page
http://students.washington.edu/~ulix/SpriteSusp.html
for some of the available tube shock kits and other supension info.

Welcome to the list!

Ulix

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Sean Day wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I am a new comer to this list and I must admit to being amazed at how many
> messages are churning about. I have a 70 Midget which has a rather floppy
> suspension and was considering a schock conversion. Any experience based
> recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Also, I've seen rear kits,
> and front kits for B's, but are there also front Midget kits. Finally,
> where might one most affordably purchase such bits?
>
> Cheers,
> Sean Day
> Nova Scotia, Canada
>
> 70 Midget