Re: Commemorative Cars

To: racer45@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: Commemorative Cars
From: "andy webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 21:40:56 PDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Mark,
If it's real cheap then maybe...
The early ones I seem to remember were plagued with problems, poor hoods and
other stuff. They were built here, and for us they were pretty expensive ,
so that we could subsidise the export ones and get the price down to a
reaistic price for  US  buyers. A nice one still fetches ~AUD$10,000 =
~US$6,500. There are turbo ones too.
Personally I think they're bloody ugly, and not a pimple on a sportscars
butt. They sold quite a few over here but I suspect thats because the only
alternatives for the new-car buyer were MX-5 (miata) or BMW'S MERCS SAAB
etc.
Are there many around over there?
Andy