Re: Windshield update

To: Herb_Goede@amsinc.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Windshield update
From: Ronsoave@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 17:16:02 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 99-05-07 16:27:58 EDT, Herb_Goede@amsinc.com writes:

> You guys have me really concerned.  My bugeye windshield (9 stud) went in
>  pretty easily - by myself.  I'm starting to think I did something wrong or
>  the rubber parts are too loose.

I wouldn't panic.  Remember, NONE of my parts seemed to be correct (the frame
looks great, so I assume it is ok).  I'm treating it as a lottery with a
50-50 chance, and I lost.  I'm going to look at a Midget this weekend with
"new windshield and seal in box", and I'll probably give it another shot with
a second set of hands.  I WILL stop if i hit the same point I did with this
one.  The fact that it took 3 pros more than an hour definitely indicates I
didn't have a real good shot on my own with this particular hardware.  Now
it's done right by those who would know the difference, so at least I have a
benchmark for next time.