Re: Octane & CRs was Re: Automotive calculations for dummies

To: <Daniel1312@aol.com>, <trunkie@hotmail.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Octane & CRs was Re: Automotive calculations for dummies
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 14:54:50 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Interesting statements Daniel...... There are different octane ratings and
I am not a rocket scientist on this stuff... I listen to my Engine builder
on what to run as far as the Fuel Vs the current compression ratio....

The real deal is the specific gravity of the fuel along with the
appropriate additives....95 octane should be okay with 11:1 but my engine
guy says we should have 105.... and for the High compression motor 13-15:1
we needed the 112-118 octane... not the 127 stuff just burns to slow.... as
I understand it...

I know when I run the gallon of Low Lead in the Hundred for every five
gallons of quality Unleaded it doesn't diesel... which is hard on a
motor....and something it loves to do on bad gas...

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )