speaking of fuel....

Subject: speaking of fuel....
From: "Toby Atwater" <tob@taltec.net>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 20:14:02 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
quick question....

I just realized, I have no idea what these cars run on.... I bought 3
gallons of 97 "supreme" octane petrol, but I have no clue if that is
necessary. What spridegts were designed to run leaded fuel? any? all? as I
understand it... the A series engine runs about 8.5 :1 compression, what
octane should I run to prevent detonation?

I could always just experiment and try 87 octane and see if it
pings/pinks/detonates/knocks ...

As always, thanks for your help...

Toby
Toby Atwater,   Santa Barbara, CA, tob@taltec.net
1969 Austin Healey Sprite, mk 4 ?? octane
1971 FJ-40 Toyota Land Cruiser designed to run off sugar cane alcohol. (back
in the day)