Re: speaking of fuel....

To: Toby Atwater <tob@taltec.net>
Subject: Re: speaking of fuel....
From: Carolyn/Rick <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 08:20:49 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Toby,

One thing to note on Octane ratings.  They have changed the way they calculate
them since this car was made.  I've been told, our 93 octane equals the old
100.  Now this may only be in Calif.  Don't know as to the rest of the country.
When I worked in the refinery's they did confirm this also.

In my owner manual it says you can tune you engine for lower grades of fuel
available thoughout the world.  Let's face it, in the US we are spoiled with 3
grades of fuel.  In Kenya you got petrl one grade, it's all they had.  Be
thankful, the truck gets here on thursday, come on wedsday they may not have
any.

Rick

--
52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby