Re: The Red Car

To: RBHouston@aol.com, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Red Car
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 00:16:21 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Robert,

I read this as a boy also. I blame it for my British car addiction. I've
been trying to find a copy for my son to read. He's now the age I was when
I read it. Do you know if it has the same cover as the original printing?
(3/4 view or Red MGTC, superimposed over orthographics view of chassis and
a red octagon with the title in it). Where is Tom Warth located?

Thanks for the lead.

Gerard

At 6:30 PM -0400 5/10/99, RBHouston@aol.com wrote:
>Attention OF's...
>
>This thread went around a year or more ago on the MG list, but many of us
>read this book, about a kid that fixes and races an old MG (TC? TD?)
>
>Anyway, I just ordered a copy from Tom Warth, 651-433-5744 for myself and the
>grandson.  He has a few copies in soft cover and they are on sale for
>$12.00...half price for this out of print book.
>
>I also got a copy of Speed Six...racing Bentlys if I remember right, but it
>was pricey at $32.00.
>
>Just thought some of you might be interested.
>
>Robert Houston

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com