Fuel Gauge not working

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Gauge not working
From: "Doug Ingram" <dougi@home.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 17:26:49 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
My fuel gauge has quit on me, and I'm trying to diagnose if the problem.

The needle is not stuck, and also not on the wrong side of the little pins.
With the ignition on, I get power on the green wire, which I suspect doesn't
mean much since according to the wiring diagram, the green wire comes from
the fuse box.

The diagram shows power from the fuse box, to the gauge, then to the sending
unit, then to ground.

So, how do these gauges work, and how can I determine if the problem is with
the gauge or the sending unit?

It must matter which gauge terminal the two wires (green, green/black) are
connected to. They are marked 'T' and 'B', which is which?

Any help would be appreciated.

Doug Ingram
Victoria BC
1958 Frogeye