Fibreglass front end for a Sprite/Midget.

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Fibreglass front end for a Sprite/Midget.
From: SirIanOfCa@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 20:01:08 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I dont know if anyone is interested who lives pretty local but I have
inherited an unusal Sprite/Midget front clip.It is like a Square body fenders
but where the hood slopes down it has a bugeye shaped oval grill.The
headlights do not sit on the front of the fenders but are sort of back.Maybe
as though at one point there was perspex covering the light over rather like
a Jag.

A friend of mine has said that when Donald Healey and MG were pondering ideas
for the front of the Square body a few prototype cars were made with these
front ends in metal.After pictures came out of the prototypes a number of
people wanted these front ends and a company made a few of them in Fibreglass.

I dont know how accurate that opinion is but it could be somewhere near the
mark.I know it is not a Speedwell front end I have a couple of those.However
I dont know what it is but if anyone does or even wants it just E mail me.

Thanks.     Ian.