Link to Pics WAS Re: Spridgets vs. bigger cars

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Link to Pics WAS Re: Spridgets vs. bigger cars
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 23:32:02 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I put up some pictures of my car that survived the collision described
below.  This page may be down some during the day tomorrow (Friday) because
we're moving offices and the T1 will be disconnected at some point, but it
should be back up by tomorrow afternoon and the weekend.  So if you can't
get to it, that's why!

Anyway, http://www.midgetweb.com/midgetwreck.asp

adrian

"J. Adrian Barnes" wrote:

> I have to say that through experience, Midgets are pretty solid cars.
> When I was 16, I ran off the road in my 1975 Midget on several
> occasions, one of which resulted in becoming airborn (wet muddy roads, a
> curve, slick tires, and inexperience).  The Midget survived with only a
> ding and broken exhaust the time I got airborn.  One of the times I did
> a nose dive (well, hit at an angle) and dug a hole in the ground but did
> no damage to us or the car.  Not hilights in my driving career, for
> sure, but I'm still alive.
>
> On yet another occasion, I had a truck make a left-hand turn (oncoming)
> across my Midget.  I went from 60 to 0 in about 0 seconds.  Neither of
> us in the Midget were hurt at all, and it wrapped the fender down onto
> the wheel.  I pried the fender off the wheel, drove back to base, and
> then later drove the 540 miles back to Tennessee. The estimate for
> repairs was about $3500.  I had the same thing happen in a '93 Honda
> Civic (truck in oncoming lane lost control)(something about me and
> trucks) and the front end of the car was almost obliterated, and I still
> (5 years later) have neck and back pain.  Damages to the Civic were
> about $5000.
>
> I'll try to dig up some pics of the damage to the Midget and post them
> on my site this weekend.
>
> Anyway, I have found that the Midget is actually pretty safe.  After
> all, that is a LOT of steel.  Oh well, just my .02.
>
> Adrian,
> alive and kickin after surviving his own driving as a youngster in a
> Midget
>
> --
> J. Adrian Barnes
> Business Information Group