Curling exposed!

To: "Wiedemeyer" <boxweed@thebest.net>
Subject: Curling exposed!
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 17:48:26 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bob,
        Since I am usually the perpetrator of this, I'll try to explain. It's a
silly.. strike that,  _great_  game played on ice that has been accused of
having similarities to shuffleboard. It is played in little pockets around
the world, Wisconsin having the greatest number of players in the US. It
has a dubious heritage dating from the 1500's. It involves accurately
sliding a special 42lb rock on ice to a target 147' away. The term curling
is from the fact that the rock will turn or hook or curl left or right
around or behind another rock depending on a twist you give the handle at
delivery. It is a team sport that is also VERY sociable. It's participants
are generally good natured about it being as "interesting as watching paint
dry". It has a lot of Scottish lingo and background. Here's a site to visit
    www.usacurl.org
        Thought I'd post this before Daniel T..... or else.  ;-)
Peter C