Re: Nader, was: Side Marker Reflectors

To: jboatri@emory.edu, toyman@htcomp.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nader, was: Side Marker Reflectors
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 15:59:52 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 29/5/1999  1:17:58PM,  jboatri@emory.edu writes:

<< Poor management killed the British car
 industry >>

I am not sure the British Car industry ever died.  Ford UK/Ford Europe
cranked out a lot of cars which are now classics over here but which were
probably never exported to the USA.  Vauxhall/GM/Opel are still going strong
but don't have much of a classic following.

For sure BMC/BL and all the other name changes it went through pretty much
did do and I think that poor management and poor product killed it.  Most of
you only see the cars that were exported to the USA but I grew up with all
the other stuff.  Some cars were pretty hopeless and others years ahead of
their time - Triumph Dolomite Sprint - 16 valves years before anyone else.
Just imagine the Triumph TR7 used the same block as the Sprint but with a
mundane 8 valve head.  Why didn't they put the 16V sprint head on it?  I
could go on a lot but the recession of those years and fuel prices all had a
part to play.  So, I don't honestly think your man Nadar is to blame but the
marque infighting and idiot decisions and sheer ignorant stupidy that the
British are so good at - I'm British so I think I am allowed to say this!

Finally, don't forget that your did your part to help when you sold us the
Buick 215 engine - look at all the cars that went in.

Daniel1312